This course empowers teaching staff about every aspect of online safety, with a full suite of resources to support the school.
Staff Course Objectives:
- Why is online safety an important part of our safeguarding duty?
- What are the current risks for children and young people?
- Issues raised around Cyber bullying and Sexting
- Online Safety & OFSTED inspections
- Online Safety case studies
- Practical strategies when working in school
- To understand the importance of social media policies and how online behaviour should adhere to the Teaching Standards.
- To be aware of the relationship between personal social media use and employment law.
- To understand the different online behaviours that could lead a staff member to violate a social media policy.
- To be clear about the action that needs to be taken if a staff member is harassed or abused on social media sites.
- Student / Pupil Acceptable Use Agreement Template (secondary)
- Student / Pupil Acceptable Use Agreement Template (primary)
- Social Media Template Policy
- Mobile Technologies Template Policy
- Staff / Volunteer Acceptable Use Agreement Template
- Parent / Carer Acceptable Use Policy Agreement Template
- School Reporting Log Template
- School Training Needs Audit Template
Why choose the online safety course?
Online safety is a concern for everyone. Technology is constantly evolving, making it difficult for schools to keep up to speed with digital issues and to ensure children use resources safely.
Ofsted has outlined the ways it considers and inspects online safety, including all early years, education and skills settings with safeguarding becoming an important priority for inspectors.
The term online safety encompasses a wide range of issues associated with technology and access to content, contact with others and behavioural issues.
Through our e-learning courses, which have been developed with OFSTED guidance at the forefront, teachers and support staff feel more confident in educating pupils about the risks and rewards of online activity.
In an ever-evolving digital world, it can be difficult to know exactly how to protect your staff and students online. Our suite of courses, materials and documentation will give your school everything you may need to fulfil your online safety requirements, according to OFSTED.